MG ZB Magnette
The ZB version of the MG Magnette superseded the MG ZA and was launched in 1956. It was more powerful than its predecessor and some bodywork modifications on some of the new models included a wider rear windscreen with a wrap-around curved effect round the edges. The ZB was only produced for two years and latterly, the two-tone variant became available with the bonnet, roof lid painted in a lighter shade than the darker bottom half of the body.
MG ZA Magnette – Birch Grey
The MG ZA Magnette was designed by ex-Jowett Javelin designer Gerald Palmer. It made its debut in 1953 to an eager band of MG saloon enthusiasts. The new Magnette shared its Palmer designed bodyshell with the Wolseley 4/44 which appeared at the same time. The Magnette made good use of the BMC 1489cc, B-Series engine which gave this mid-sized family car good performance for its day. It had a graceful four door body style that looked almost Italian from some angles, it featured the traditional MG front grille which was raked to give it an aerodynamic shape to match the rest of the cars design. Inside the Magnette was well equipped and came complete with a semi-octaginal speedo as normally found in MG saloons.
Scalextric MGB 48 Sebring Car
A great iconic British sports car for the Scalextric classic car enthusiast. This version is modelled on the team car sent to the USA for the Sebring 12 hour endurance race in 1964.
Drivers: Jim Adams, Merle Brennan and Frank Morell, 1964 Sebring 12 Hours
Sebring in 1964 was one of the world top-tier endurance races, part of the FIA Challenge Mondiale and Prototypes Trophy, along with the Targa Florio, Le Mans, and the Nurburgring 1000 km. Two of British Motor Car Distributors team of red, white and blue MGBs finished the grueling 12 hours, an extraordinary achievement demonstrating the competitiveness of the MGB. The car, the Iris Blue #48, consistently lapped the Sebring course in the low four-minute range to come home fourth in class and 22nd overall. Following the race, the car went on to establish a long and successful SCCA racing history. The Sebring parts were carefully preserved, and were passed along with the car to each new owner. The car has since been meticulously restored to its 1964 Sebring configuration.